Sunday 20 November 2011

Life Drawing

I've been looking for different ways i can expand my life drawing skills and develope my own style, because i am interested in illustration i have thought back to the basics. I want to try using watercolour paints because they are my chosen medium when i am illustrating at home. I've looked up other illustrators who also use watercolours, starting with the obvious, whom i have alot to thank for because she was the reason i became interested in childrens illustrations in the first place, Beatrix Potter.
i love the crisp, neat style Potter has, however i would like to include more enrgy and movement in my own work.
i have found another artist i like very much, Stina Persson. i was drawn to the way she allows the watercolour paint to break free and take on a form of their own, there isnt much control which gives the illustrations alot of energy and movement.
http://www.stinapersson.com/portfolio/watercolour/

No comments:

Post a Comment